Have you heard what pastors and radio listeners are saying about our ministry?
Here’s a quote from a recent letter we received:
“I applaud your leadership of the American Pastors Network. In an age when far too many pastors are becoming ambassadors from the World to the Church, rather than ambassadors from Christ’s Church to the World, a resource such as the APN is critically needed. John Wesley’s wise observation that, ‘In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church’ is often forgotten.’”
Here’s another comment from a thankful pastor in PA:
“I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and the American Pastors Network for everything you are doing for pastors and our beloved country. The men and women on APN who offer wise words, helpful advice, and – most importantly – much needed encouragement, have been very valuable to my daily calling as a pastor… Please continue to lead this effort as you so effectively do every day. You have made a huge difference not only in my life, but I know in others too! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! God bless you and APN. I will do my best to support you and APN, especially considering what APN has done for me!”
These words of encouragement confirm the vital need for an organization like ours.
It’s been five years since the American Pastors Network was born under God’s grace and
guidance. Much has been accomplished, but there’s still much more to do.
Over these past five years, God has bestowed His divine blessings on this ministry and our mission to encourage and equip pastors and Believers to “Stand in the Gap for Truth.” None of what’s been done is possible without Him – or without you. God is alive, and He provides direction and wisdom for our friends, donors, TV viewers, radio listeners and all those who commit in obedience to serve Him.
In 2013, God led us to form a ministry that would serve as a nationwide framework for biblically faithful pastors and their church members to encourage and equip the Remnant with a goal of building a permanent infrastructure of like-minded and committed Christians who:
- affirm the authority of Scripture
- take seriously Jesus’ command to be the “salt and light” to the culture
- encourage informed Christian thinking about contemporary cultural issues
- examine public policy issues from a biblical worldview perspective.
We’ve stayed true to that mission, and God’s blessings have been miraculous. So much has been done with so little. There have been no single deep pockets, no large benefactor and certainly no government funding. Yet God has done great things in five years.
Can I share just a few of the miracles with you?
Over the past five years, God has permitted APN to start and expand three distinct national radio programs: Stand in the Gap Today, Stand in the Gap Minute and Stand in the Gap Weekend. Each started on just a few stations and God has grown this distribution to over a thousand radio stations nationwide and reaching millions each week! These very popular and well-received programs analyze headline news and the most important cultural concerns facing our world from a biblical and constitutional perspective.
- In April, God miraculously opened the door for APN to begin a new weekly television program, which considers transcending cultural issues – those controversial issues which seem to have no solution – and provide solutions from the pages of God’s Word and a Biblical worldview perspective. Stand in the Gap TV first aired on WBPH in Philadelphia, in April 2018, and has expanded to VCY-TV and Upliftv. And praise God, more than 27 million households have access to this program – in fewer than 6 months!
- APN leaders continue to have editorials and interviews featured in both secular and
Christian media each week. These leading publications and outlets, consisting of
radio, television and print media, reach over 25 million people monthly with APN’s
biblical and constitutional perspectives on key cultural issues.
- APN is blessed to be working with eight state chapters – Arkansas, Michigan,
Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia – and
three others are now preparing to launch!
Over the past five years, God has established a national platform and foundation on which to meet the challenges facing our culture, the church and the nation. Through all the efforts, projects and accomplishments listed above, God has blessed APN with the credibility, and the dedicated people and opportunities to equip pastors to assist families struggling with such issues as deteriorating traditional marriage, pornography, rampant sexual permissiveness, the undermining of a biblical worldview in our public schools, abortion and other evils that seek to destroy the core teachings of our Christian faith. He has opened doors and prepared us “for such a time as this.”
This miraculous platform of state chapters, radio, TV, print and leadership has produced a framework for how we feel God is leading APN for the next five years and beyond. I believe as well that – if the Lord tarries – that He desires an even greater leadership role in expanding our voice for the Truth. I pray that God may use you to be a critical part of the next five years.
Not only do I ask that you as a previous partner and friend and listener pray about what you can do in an increased financial capacity, but if you’ve partnered with us, to start right now. In addition, I would ask you to consider walking with us daily in prayer and monthly in finances and 24 hours a day as “boots on the ground” and Stand in the Gap for Truth where you are.
Regardless of what level of commitment you choose, we – as God’s faithful – must now move ahead with boldness and faith, and not shrink and fade away. While God has done great things, He wants to do more “very good things,” and if He tarries, permit us and those like you to companion with us in these most critical days.
I likely don’t have to point out why this is all so important. After all, you are witness to everything that’s happening in our culture daily in your communities, workplaces, schools, churches and families. It’s no secret that America is in deep trouble morally. Our families are broken, our government system is derailed, our people divided. We are deep in debt; our enemies have surrounded us and have infiltrated our society. America has rejected God in practice and in law and has become arrogant.
Likewise, the American Church is lethargic, silent and mostly adulterous. The next generations are God-rejecting, feelings-oriented and devoid of a relationship with Christ. They are incapable of “keeping the Republic,” as Benjamin Franklin warned. Based on all this, APN and the Stand in the Gap family of programming is specifically designed to “Stand in the Gap for Truth” and to provide the leadership from the pulpit for truth.
Looking to You
If God has shown us one thing over the past five years, it’s that He’s not done with us yet.
There is still so much more on the horizon for the American Pastors Network and Stand in the Gap Media. Specifically, we are looking to God for His provision using you and our other friends, partners and listeners to meet these immediate and future needs:
- CORE MINISTRY NEEDS: To meet the internal growth needs related to radio, TV and direct work with pastors, we need a fresh commitment of $10,000 per month. Your scheduled monthly giving can help with this basic need and ensure our basic operating costs.
SPECIAL PROJECT OPPORTUNITIES
- REACHING THE NEXT GENERATION: To be able to effectively reach 18- to 35-year-olds with the unchanging truth of biblical principles, as addressed on our Stand in the Gap Radio and TV programs, APN is in need of $100,000 to launch a newly focused social media campaign that digitizes our content and delivers it to the next generation.
- RADIO EXPANSION: To enable more listeners to hear the timeless truths we provide through our daily radio programming, Stand in the Gap Today radio airtime purchases will cost roughly $75,000. No other media outlet is providing a biblical and constitutional perspective to our current issues, and our culture desperately needs these truths.
- BOOK LAUNCH: APN leadership is planning to publish a new book titled, Grand Design: Recovering God’s Extraordinary Blueprint for Government. Funding of $25,000 is necessary to complete this critical project.
These are the four areas of need and opportunity where we see God leading APN, and we hope you’ll join us.
Please consider walking with us in the days ahead by providing a generous one-time financial gift today, or even better, by becoming a monthly partner as God guides us to move forward. Please consider including us in your year-end giving as well. Know that we also immensely value your prayers!
We know we’re changing hearts and minds. Will you be a part of the future of the American Pastors Network and Stand in the Gap Media?
“Standing in the Gap for Truth,”
American Pastors Network President