PENNSYLVANIA PASTORS NETWORK: PULPIT SUNDAY SERMON FOR JUNE 30, 2013
THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE TEXT: JOHN 8:32
“Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free”
AN OUTLINE FOR THE MESSAGE
I. THE RECOGNITION OF TRUTH
“Ye Shall Know the Truth”
- Truth can be recognized
- It is not hidden
- It is not vague
- It is not abstract
- Truth can be recognized by anyone wanting to know the truth
- It is not selective
- It is not restrictive
- It is not a respecter of persons
- Truth can be recognized by anyone who abides in the Word of God
“If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples in deed.” (Verse 31)
- To those who experience salvation in Christ alone
- To those who endure in the study of Christ’s word
II. THE REALITY OF TRUTH
- The Truth is Absolute
- It is Perfect
- It is Complete
- It is Whole
- It is Unchangeable
- The Truth is Absolute in Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ is the only source of truth
- Jesus Christ is the full expression of truth
- The Truth is Absolute in Jesus Christ because He alone is truth
- Christ is ALL truth
- All truth is Christ
WHAT IS TRUTH?
- Truth originates in Christ alone, is communicated through scripture alone and is embraced by Christians alone.
- Truth is found only in Christianity because only Christianity is true.
- Truth is all that Christ is as revealed in the inspired Word of God.
- Truth is manifested to the world through the lives of the genuine followers of Christ who obey Him completely and apply His teachings consistently.
- Truth is only truth as it maintains the complete principles of Christ.
III. THE RESULT OF TRUTH
“The truth shall make you free”
NOTE: The English word “make” comes from the Greek word “eleutheroo” which means “to liberate,” or “to make free.”
- The Truth Makes one Free from Spiritual Bondage
- The Power of Truth is Found in Jesus Christ Alone
- The Power of Truth Found in Jesus Christ Alone Frees the Believer from the Bondage of Sin which is the True Nature of Salvation. (Salvation is “the deliverance from sin, its power, its penalty and its Presence through faith in Jesus Christ alone).
- The Truth Makes on Free from Political Bondage
The practice of the principles of truth as found in Christ alone, results in freedom from governmental oppression. If the principles of Christ are applied consistently by government then the citizens of the nation will experience genuine freedom. However, if the principles of Christ are not applied consistently or even rejected by government then the citizens of the nation will not experience genuine freedom. The pure history of the United States of America proves that the founders believed in the principles of Christ, followed the truth of Christ in framing the nation, and as a result, God raised up a nation to honor Him. In our time earnest efforts made by God’s people to practice and proclaim the principles and truth of Christ will be used by the Lord to restore America to the original intent.
The applied truth of God changes the lives of those who believe it. Since the church of the living God is the “pillar and ground of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15), the people of God have the responsibility to dedicate their lives to learning more of God’s truth daily, living God’s truth daily and proclaiming God’s truth daily. God will honor and bless His truth. Let’s “speak the truth in love,” make it our personal conviction and then watch God work for His glory.
Pastor Gary G. Dull, Altoona, PA
Member – PPN Leadership Council
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!